The Oregon coast is one of the most beautiful places in the world, and there are plenty of camping spots to choose from. However, with so many options, it can be hard to decide where to go. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the five best camping spots on the Oregon coast to take your campervan. Whether you’re looking for beachfront camping or a more rustic experience, there’s something for everyone on this list.
1. Harris Beach State Park: This state park is located in Brookings, Oregon and offers spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean. There are plenty of activities to keep you busy, including hiking, beachcombing, and picnicking. There are also several restaurants and shops nearby if you need a break from the outdoors.
TIP: Natural Bridges lookout and trail is one of the most beautiful spots in all of Oregon, but be careful there have been. Amateur and professional photographers alike have lost their footing trying to find the perfect shot of the breathtaking beauty.
2. Cape Lookout State Park: Located just north of Tillamook, this state park is a popular destination for whale watching, hiking, and beachcombing. There are also several miles of coastline that are perfect for exploring by bike or on foot.
TIP: Nearby Netarts Bay is a premiere spot for crabbing. You can rent boats and they’ll even cook your catch!
3. Oswald West State Park: This state park is located near Cannon Beach and is known for its dramatic coastline and lush forest trails. It’s the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and connect with nature.
TIP: Cannon Beach is one of the hippest places on the Oregon Coast with too many breweries and restaurant to list here. A perfect places to take your campervan for a cheeky afternoon.
4. Sunset Bay State Park: Although it’s located in Coos Bay, this state park feels like a world away from everything. It’s the perfect place to park your campervan, relax on the beach, go for a swim, or take a hike through the forested dunes.
TIP: If you’re into a fancier camping experience check out Bayview Lookout. They have a spa, club-house, food cart and an amazing vibe to boot!
5. Nehalem Bay State Park: This state park is located near Manzanita and offers stunning views of Nehalem Bay and the Pacific Ocean beyond. It’s a great place for kayaking, bird watching, fishing, and picnicking.
TIP: Manzanita is walking/biking distance and is one of the coolest towns in all of Oregon. It truly has something for everyone! If you enjoy wine check out The Winery at Manzanita. If you prefer hiking the Neahkahnie viewpoint is can’t miss.
Whether you’re looking for breathtaking ocean views or a more rustic camping experience, there’s sure to be a spot on this list that’s perfect for you. So pack your bags and head out to explore all that the Oregon coast has to offer!